Making the best of this winter offseason.
Every year, I spend the first few months of the running season recovering from the 5 to 10 lbs of weight I have put on, the buildup of I plaque on my legs from lack of running and a tightened muscles from a sedentary life during the winter.
Rather then struggle through the months of Feb -June, I (with the help of my wife and friends) am planning on the following to alleviate the regular running curve.
1. Increased regular (Weekly) high intensity workouts
- Speed/tempo runs with a Bethany Lewis
- Periodic Insanity workouts
2. Increased strengthening and climbing
- Weekly stair training (Aiming to do 50 laps of the Wells Fargo building – Join team Aether)
- Goal of ascending 100,000 ft. in 8 days – Mimicking Matt Hart
- Backcountry touring on heavy gear in the lovely Wasatch mountains
3. Improved diet and health
- Focusing on eating a Paleo Diet – Again thanks to the inspiration of Matt Hart
* Here are some great resources if interested
We will be keeping you updated on the progress. And would greatly appreciate your thoughts, concerns and accountability.
Here’s to a New Year, and new opportunities!!!!!!!!!!
Without risks, your are not truly living.